I’m currently working with FAGE to share the recipes I make with their yoghurt. I’m a massive fan of their yoghurt – it is so high in protein, low in fat and sugar and deliciously thick so it’s perfect for my choco peanut oat bites.
- Around 150g of oats
- Half a pot of honey
- A tablespoon of smooth peanut butter
- Two tablespoons of total yoghurt
- Half a banana
- A teaspoon of cocoa powder
1. Add your honey to your oats, stirring until all of the oats are coated and begin to stick together in clumps.
2. Add your peanut butter into a ramekin with the cocoa powder, and mix until you have a smooth paste with no lumps. You can always add crunchy peanut butter if you prefer but the oats already give it enough texture for me!
3. Next, mould your oats on a greased baking tray using a wooden spoon. They come in sets of two, as a type of sandwich so you should be able to make two large sandwiches (four oat mounds).
4. Next, add the chocolate peanut topping onto half of the oat mounds. The mixture can be quite sticky so it might take two teaspoons to spread! Then pop these in the oven at 200 degrees for around ten minutes, or until the oats begin to brown.
5. Whilst the oats are baking, slice up half of your banana thinly.
6. Remove the mounds from the oven, leaving them to cool. Once they are cooled, add a layer of the yoghurt to the non-chocolate part of the sandwich. Add the banana slices to the chocolate & peanut side and then sandwich together.
Then you’re all done! Crunchy, sticky bites with the sweet tang of yoghurt and banana! Let me know if you recreate these, and if you’ve tried Total tell me what you’ve made with it!