These warmer days and longer evenings have got us in search of lighter lunches and dinners. This gnocchi with lemon & chive pesto is a delicious addition to our meal repertoire – read on to find out how to add it to yours!
- Small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Small bunch of chives, finely chopped
- 4 x tbsp olive oil
- 1 x garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x tbsp pine nuts
- 2 x tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 x lemon juice & zest
- 500g gnocchi
- Start by printing lightly salted water to the boil, adding the gnocchi and cooking for 3-4 minutes, longer if the packet cooking instructions require. The gnocchi should be soft and slightly sticky but not slimy.
- Whilst the gnocchi is booking, slowly heat a small frying pan and add the pine nuts, shaking the base of the pan so that the nuts are lightly and evenly toasted. Careful to not have your pan too hot otherwise the nuts will easily burn.
- Next, add the nuts to a wide bowl along with the parsley, chives, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice and the parmesan. Mix until all of the ingredients have combined.
- Once combined, drop in the gnocchi and stir until the pesto has completely coated the gnocchi.
This is best enjoyed fresh and tastes delicious teamed with simple grilled chicken and asparagus. It can be reheated but it packs less of a punch the day after!