Ahh another year has passed and I’m another year older. As with the past few birthdays, I like to use this time to reflect, so here’s 26 changes and lessons from this last year…
- I made the move to Manchester with the mister which meant no more long distance.
- We turned Little O’s new room into a pirate wonderland!
- We celebrated our first Christmas in the new house – will always watching Home Alone 87396004 times with Little O and singing Christmas songs as we decorated the tree
- The little brothers are doing well at school which makes me so proud! If not a little sad that they’re growing up too quickly.
- Little O had his first day at school and looked adorable in his uniform.
- I’ve had some lovely time with my parents to myself – like the time I ate a board of cheese that was almost as big as my head!
- Little O and I have had some lovely weekends just the two of us, spending Saturday afternoons baking and playing!.
- Little O turned 4!
- We celebrated Col’s sister turning 30, which was a night of family, fun and a liiiiittle too much red wine.
- I started a new job with a new, small, family-like team.
- I left a job that was making me unhappy – goodbye ridiculous hours and stress!
- We’ve had loads of great social events with work.
- I got promoted within a few months which felt like a huge achievement.
- One of my best friends graduated as a physio after months and months of hard work. It was so lovely to see her achieve a goal she has been working towards for so long.
- One of my other best friends moved in with her Mrs and is now happily shacked up with their two cats.
- My lovely friends surprised me with a leaving do in my favourite place in Leeds. Shear’s Yard, FYI.
- I cleared a lot of debt which is one of my main goals for 2017 & 2018.
- I got fully back into the gym and am loving being fit and healthy again.
- I started playing rugby for the first time ever – which is both exciting and terrifying at the same time!
- Starting a new sport has meant I’ve met a whole host of new friends which is great.
- We got free tickets to Parklife and had a complete laugh. Although I don’t fancy walking the 40,000 steps we did again anytime soon.
- For the first time in a long time, I’ve started to feel like a few more of the life jigsaw pieces are fitting together!
- I cut a fringe, loved it, decided I hate it, grew it out.
- We had a great holiday in Soller – but I got badly burnt on my first day after too much prosecco in the sun with my mum!
- I surprised Col with a trip to Wales for his birthday and later in the week his parents and little O joined us for fish and chips and a few days in the rain.
- Col and I had a fab trip to Berlin – exploring all the street art and drinking all the beer.
What have been your favourite bits of the last twelve months?